Thursday, July 30, 2009

Learning about Wind and Solar Power

Let's say you'd like to find out if solar panels or a wind generator would be a good thing to buy. Where do you start? From personal experience, I can tell you that the Yellow Pages is a waste of time. 9 out of 10 companies listed under "solar" are either "out of service", don't answer their phone, don't sell anything "solar", or is not sure and will have to get back to you. The tenth one is a crapshoot. So where do you go to learn about these promising power sources?
I talked to one fellow in my Yellow Pages search. He couldn't help me business-wise, but he did steer me to a place where I could learn all about solar and wind power. Home Power Magazine is a wonderful source of information and advertising. There are nuts-and-bolts articles, apples-to-apples comparisons, and even make-it-from-scratch-with-old-car-parts articles. You can buy a paper subscription or an online subscription. If you get the online sub(about $10), you can download all past issues in their archive. I recommend it. Go there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.