Let's dissect an argument. How about Guns?
- Guns are necessary to self-defense
- Our right to pack heat is acknowledged in the Constitution
- Hunting rifles are a sacred tradition
- Shooting guns is a popular sport
- Guns are used to commit crime
- Negligent discharges cause loss of life
- Guns have only one purpose--destruction
- Only police and military need guns
- Sensible gun laws
- Gun registration
- Do anything as long as you harm no one
- Go anywhere, buy anything
- Population is controlled, and secure
- Homogenous society. Deviants not allowed
- IRS, DMV, CIA, Police, FBI, NSA, Assessor, Legislature, etc...
- Sensible Laws
The horrible truth is that most people are more comfortable with slavery. People don't like their neighbors ingesting wierd substances, performing atypical sexual acts, possessing scary things, and thinking different thoughts.
How much freedom do you want?