Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mr. Owl

             
This is the Burrowing Owl that hangs out on top of our metal storage building. Just a point-and-shoot Nikon and I'm no photographer, so these are not National Geographic quality.

                                   

Of course he flew off when I got too close. I snapped as fast as I could while keeping the camera pointed at him. This is the only good moving pic of him out of the half-dozen I took.
This owl has a spouse that flies off long before I can get a shot of both of them.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like he woke up on the wrong side of the cactus that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geoff,

    Yes, and he always looks grumpy like that.

    I like living out in the sticks. I get to see lots of desert critters like Roadrunners, Sidewinders, Scorpions, Hawks, Vultures, Coyotes, Jackrabbits ... you name it, I've seen 'em.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.