Sunday, October 10, 2010

Comment Section

Jim from RangerAgainstWar emailed me last week to ask why I commented on one of his posts and not on the one he thought was better. I sat and thought about it. What catches my commenting attention isn't at all predictable. Sometimes it's the overall idea; sometimes just a cleverly-worded sentence; sometimes just to say hey-I'm-out-here-and-I-read-your-blog.

I comment sparingly on posts because I'm loathe to seem a toady. I've seen some blogs where the same fellow comments on every post to the point of nausea. Sometimes I'll want to comment on a post, but I don't, because my comment will be lost among the high number of comments. Some bloggers can write "I went to lunch today" and get 62 comments. Others will sweat over a masterpiece of eloquence and wit, and not receive a single comment.

Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.
Lord Bacon
   
                   
Keep on bloggin', dudes and dudettes.

                      

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the apropos Bacon quotation. I know how hard you work, and am am honored to have you as a reader. It feels good to know we have community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    The Blogosphere is the one ray of hope in this senseless world, and it's because the words are written, not spoken--a community of measured thoughts.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.