- We already swiped Texas to California from Mexico. Why not "complete the mission"?
- No more illegal alien problem. The second that all the Mexicans became citizens of a US possession, they would also become taxpayers. And since the majority of Mexicans are young right now, they can pay the Medicare and Social Security tab. Is that great or what?
- We'd have a whole new cesspool of corruption and poverty to throw borrowed money at and "fix".
- While our troops are busy "defending America", they could take great vacations in some beautiful resort towns.
- I heard they have oil down there. Call Halliburton.
- It would add some really nice beachfront property to the assessor's tax rolls.
- No worries about "insurgents". The worst that could happen is that a pissed-off former Mexican might trim your bushes crooked on purpose.
I can't see any objections or negatives here. Politicians should jump all over this.