Sunday, January 16, 2011

Moonin' Ya


I'm getting a little better at focusing. This shot was taken with a shutter speed of 1/60 second. Thin, high clouds plagued me all morning. I set up the scope at 2 a.m. and folded my tent about 6 a.m.


This shot looks kinda like a funky Easter egg. Shutter speed was 1/80 second. This is a "gibbous" moon. Gibbous means "bright enough to screw up your stargazing." The moon finally set about 5 a.m. and I was then able to get some shots of galaxies, nebulas, clusters and whatnot. Unfortunately, none of those shots turned out. Out of 179 photos, these two moon shots are the best.

                      .                                 .                                     .

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mayberry,

    Thanks. I was having a hell of a good time, in spite of freezing my cajones off.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,looks like you could reach out and touch it!

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi China,

    You oughta see it with some real magnification! These shots aren't taken through the eyepiece lens; I hook the camera directly to the back of the scope.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.