Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Shocked. (Yawn)

CAIRO (Reuters) – Egypt's military delivered an ultimatum on Monday to dozens of committed protesters in Tahrir Square, nerve-center of a movement that toppled Hosni Mubarak, to leave and let life get back to normal or face arrest.  Link.


 OK, let's sum up events.

1.  People say, "No more!"

2.  Mubarak "hands over" power (reins of dictatorship) to the army that enforced his thugocracy for 30 years.

3.  People settle back into their nice, comfortable life of slavery.

Did I miss anything?

                      .                                 .                                       .

4 comments:

  1. Only that the protests continue. I think we're fixin' to see another Tianemen Square...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mayberry,

    I hope you're right. We'll see.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your comment on Mayberry's blog especially: "I lean at my own rakish angle". Well said.
    Whether we are off the grid, flying under the radar, keeping a low profile or raging against the machine some of us are trying, in our own way, to be free. Perhaps we should celebrate that in each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee in OK,

    Freedom is quirky, messy, and never travels in lockstep, so I doubt that freedom can be organized. Any organization will quickly become just another government.

    Thanks for your kind words and for your well-put comment.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.