Saturday, April 23, 2011

Retainer Wall


Ha, ha, Blogger! I just post at WordPress, then cutting-n-pasting works here without getting that nasty "form errors" message. Cross-posting, I guess you call it. Anyway, my other blog at WordPress is Here.

It's hard to get the whole wall in one shot. Click to embiggen. The sack-n-patch is done. Now I just have to wire-brush the rusting steel strips, paint, and backfill. The pile of scrap lumber (hidden by the tree) is spoken for. A friend of mine will use it next winter in his wood-burning stove.
I'm planning on putting colored gravel in the center section. I'm not really looking for any more yardwork, like ground-cover plants, bushes, or more trees. But before that gets done, I need to run some conduit to the Astro-Table and run some water lines, valves, and a timer, to automate the irrigation of the trees.

6 comments:

  1. No grass to mow. Lucky duck : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mayberry,

    I despise yardwork! Mowing a damn lawn is a drudgery no human should have to tolerate. :)

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it feels good to have another major project completed. As for yardwork, I've settled on, "If I can't eat it, I aint growin' it". Of course some things grow wild anyway, but I figure that just attracts protein that will end up on the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Muddome,

    I finished painting the wall this morning. Wind came up and was blowing 40-50 MPH. I put my shoulder to it because I hate painting more than I hate working in wind.

    I like your "no eat, no grow" policy. I'm a lot closer to that than I used to be.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. That hill has a retainer. Let's make fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brass,

    Humor, awk awk!

    Right now I'm hand-digging the trenches for water pipes and electrical conduits. I used to be able to work a pick and shovel all day long. No more. I feel old.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.