Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can't Open Nikon D3000 .nef Files With Capture NX2?

                                                                        .

Apologies for the strange title. It's for others who are baffled as to why Nikon's Capture NX2 program won't open .nef files from a D3000 SLR. Rest assured, upgrading to version 2.2.7 fixes that, no problem. Go Here to get it. Be sure to install 2.2.6 first. I think the lack of interagency communication involved in the problem is astonishing and I hope heads rolled.

                 



Shot this photo with a Nikon D3000 DSLR and an Orion 80mm f/7.5 Refractor telescope as a prime focus lens. ISO 200, shutter speed 1/25 second.

This pic is for all of you who doubt the moon is made of green cheese. I greened up this shot with Capture NX2, then I cropped it and busted down the rez with PhotoShop CS3. All in a day's work. Thanks fer stopping by.

Posted by Dave

6 comments:

  1. Hey Dave gettin caught up on my reading.And you know a title with werewolves had to get my attention! Wow I thought our 110 heat index was bad.From your recent post that seems down right comfortable compared to 122.Great moon pics!Still think you should make in to posters.

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi China,

    Thanks for your warm words of encouragement, and I'm glad to see you back.

    Damn you're up early! Anyone up this early on a Sunday morning is an incorrigible early-riser! I was still fixing my typos and grammar goofs on this post when I noticed your comment.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. So the moon is made of green cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brass,

    Yep. I've been telling people that for years, but now I actually have Photoshopic evidence.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda quiet there Bro,I hope your just busy!?

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi China,

    Very busy, and fixin' to go into hyperdrive. I'll have more time for posting in another month.

    I post projects and astro-photography on this blog. My rants I crank out on WordPress, affectionately called UC-2.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.