BULLHEAD CITY — A 64-year-old woman died as a result of a fire in a local mobile home park.
Bullhead City Fire Department reports indicate the woman was trapped in a mobile home in the Carefree Resort RV park, 350 Lee Avenue, after the residence caught on fire. Neighbors managed to extricate her from the home but when rescue personnel arrived, they discovered her unresponsive. She was taken to Western Arizona Regoinal Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead Wednesday evening.
The fire destroyed one mobile home and badly damaged another. Two neighbors who attempted to rescue the victim suffered smoke inhalation, but refused medical treatment at the scene.
Mohave Valley Daily News
Why, oh why, do people continue to live in shelters made of flammable sticks? Year after year, people will pay any price for fire insurance and a fire department, but damn few see the irony. The above story is a weekly occurrence here in Mohave County. Sad.
Posted by Dave