Thursday, January 5, 2012

By The Light Of The Focally-Reduced Moon

This last week we've had high, thin clouds and heavy atmospheric disturbance. But last night it was clear, and although not calm, I managed to get a decent shot of the moon.
                                             .

I got to try out my new focal reducer with the 11-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain scope as a prime-focus lens for my Nikon D3000. The focal reducer allows me to get the whole moon in frame.
This shot used an ISO of 200 and a shutter speed of 1/500 second.

Posted by Dave

2 comments:

  1. I've been told after the loss of my son by a few spiritualists that Veil is thinner during a full moon. Hope it was OK to mention this here. Very nice pics. Augie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Augie,

    "... Samhain or Beltaine Full Moon when the veils are thin."

    I didn't know about this until your mention set me to Googling. Fascinating.

    Sorry about your son. May your grief lessen with time.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.