Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lunacy

Yep. My obsession with moon shots is the very definition of lunacy. As always, click on any pic to embignify.
                                           .

This first shot was made last night with a Celestron C6 refractor as a prime-focus lens for my Nikon D3000. ISO 200 and a shutter speed of 1/640 second. I also used the unsharp mask in Nikon Capture 2.
                                           .

A little creepy, no? I had some clouds drift past, and this was the coolest cloudy shot. ISO 200 and a shutter speed of 1/20 second. Here I used my Celestron 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain as a prime-focus lens.
                                           .

The setting moon. It would have been a better shot if the mountain was craggier, but I'll take this one. ISO 200 and a shutter speed of 1/60 second. Celestron CPC1100.

Posted by Dave

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. I saw the title and thought maybe you were talking about CONgress : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig,

    Nope, ever since I split my blogging between Blogger and WordPress, I try to keep this blog "polite". UC2 is where the spittle flies.

    I think it was Kent McManigal that asked what we would do if we were free. I guess this blog is my answer: Carpentry, Astronomy, AutoCAD, Reading.

    As for lunacy, Richard Mitchell put it best. He talked about "moments of education", the latin root "edu" meaning "a leading out of" our natural condition of childhood or insanity.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.