Friday, May 25, 2012

Strong Fences

My next-door neighbors are a delight. My neighbor a quarter-mile away, DickHead, is not. DH likes to get drunk and savage the gravel roads with his 4-wheeler. If brodying in circles on the gravel roads doesn't make him feel better, he starts in on my land and my neighbor's land. DH has done an admirable job of irreparably pissing off every neighbor within a mile of me.
                                           .

I don't like fences. I also don't much care for angry confrontations. I decided that a fence was the lesser of two dislikes. So my good neighbor and I put a fence around both of our properties. 3 wires on DOT-approved tee-posts fit the bill. Minimal eyesore, won't harm the critters (no barbs) and DH can't ride through it. And get this--both the wire and tee posts were made right here in God's America! Reasonably priced, too.
                                           .

We slugged these posts in with a sledge. Yes, I know there's a tool made especially for pounding these in, but my standards are high and I wanted every post to be plumb and straight on the line. More control with a 10 lb. sledge.

Another of my neighbors complimented us on the fence job, and he plans to put one in also, to keep DH off his property.

Posted by Dave

4 comments:

  1. DH sounds like a real treat. My condolences. I'd be tempted to just sprinkle my property line liberally with tire spikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Art,

      I'd just like him to stop, and the fence seems to have given him the message. Now he only rips up the roads. Eventually, he'll get tired of doing even that.

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Good fences make good neighbors : ) Or at least keep the bad ones out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Craig,

      Seems to be working so far. A fence is a lot cheaper than the cost of what I'd like to do to DH.

      Dave

      Delete

All comments are welcome.