Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Extending The Garage Aprons

It was always the plan to extend the two garage aprons.
                                          .

The hardest part was digging down 6" into the densely compacted dirt. It took two days of picking the dirt out, molecule by molecule, with a 20 lb. digging bar and a shovel. The rebar was easy. I had loads of it left over from building the house. Just had to cut it to length and wire it up on dobies.
                                           .

I don't have any pictures of the pour. Was kinda busy. My buddy Roger helped me pour and finish. This picture shows the forms stripped and dirt filled in. Now when I wash the cars the front wheels won't be in the dirt. Nice. It's the little things in life.

Posted by Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.