Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Petroglyph National Monument

These pictures were taken in the Boca Negra Canyon part of Petroglyph National Monument in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
                                          .
Here I am, your friendly neighborhood Underground Carpenter. Photo by Mrs. UC.



The above picture is a cave-mom about to beat her son with a stick because he is standing on the family chicken. Or something.
           .

Picture of The Predator, just before Arnold Schwartzeneggar took him out by dropping a log on him. Arnold was right, this Predator is "one ugly motherfucker."
      .

Playing here. I stopped the camera down to f22 to get the depth-of-field necessary to get everything in focus.
    .




Steps everywhere made it easy to get to prime photo spots. There are something like 20,000 images here in Boca Negra Canyon.
    .


Salad tongs.
    .





Posted by Dave.

5 comments:

  1. Loved the captions : ) Looks like you and Mrs. UC had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Craig,

      Thanks. Albuquerque is about a 10-hour drive from where we live in 'Zona. We also checked out the balloon festival and poked around Santa Fe and Taos while we were there.

      They drive crazy in New Mexico. I felt like Jed from the Beverly Hillbillies, driving around in my jalopy. People were flooring it to get around me.

      Dave

      Delete
  2. My folks were at the balloon festival a few years ago. I would love to see that myself. Folks drive crazy everywhere. Here I count to three after the light turns green before I go because so many run the red light...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wife and I stopped at a similar Native American Library back in '03. This one (we stopped at) was off the road between Santa Rosa and Las Cruces. Here's a link:
    http://www.desertusa.com/mag98/mar/poi/du_3rivers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill,

      For some reason, Blogger doesn't let me know when you comment.

      Thanks for the link. It looks like a good place to visit next time I go to New Mexico.

      Dave

      Delete

All comments are welcome.