Friday, October 19, 2012

The Orion Nebula, Autoguided

Playing here with a Celestron autoguider. I've got a lot to learn, but this shot is already better than any unguided pic I've done. I use a piggybacked Orion 80mm scope to guide a Celestron C6R, which I use as a prime-focus lens for a Nikon D5100.
                             .

This is a 6-minute shot of the Orion Nebula. ISO is 800. The only thing I did to this photo is knock down the resolution to make a more manageable file size. I used no noise reduction or sharpening. Not bad, eh?

Posted by Dave

4 comments:

  1. Holy shite Dave.
    That's celestial awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Art,

      Yup. I never get tired of looking at the sky.

      Dave

      Delete
  2. It's amazing to see things like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until the sky spins a bit and I get to take pics of Virgo's field of galaxies, or Sagittarius' crowd of nebulas! This party's just getting' started!

      Dave

      Delete

All comments are welcome.