Friday, November 16, 2012

Looking At The Stars

It's been either cloudy or windy here, so scoping has been light. Here's some shots that Mrs. UC took a couple of nights ago. As always, click to embignify.
                         .

Andromeda Galaxy. All of these pics are 30 second exposures from a Nikon D5100, using an Orion 80mm refractor as a prime-focus lens.
                          .

M35 in Gemini. Considered to be the prettiest open cluster in the sky.
                           .

The Orion Nebula, always a delight!
                                 .

NGC 869 and NGC 884 in Perseus. Two nice open clusters.


Posted by Dave

4 comments:

  1. We still have the overcast yuck. Maybe tomorrow old Sol will make an appearance. I'd be happy with stars tonight, though the city lights blot out most of 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig,

    I'm hoping to carry the scope out Sunday night.

    Light pollution is a real shame. I don't know why people feel "safe" by burning a light all night long. I read somewhere, and I believe it, that 20% of the power used in this country is for night lighting.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Nebula is just Awesome!

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi China,

    Got some awesomer stuff coming up in about a month--whole fields of galaxies in Virgo! I'm licking my chops.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome.