Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Waning Crescent Conjunction With Venus

The moon was just coming up. I had a quick bowl of oats, mounted my camera on a tripod, changed all the settings to manual, and went to the AstroSlab. Here's a 5% waning crescent moon and Venus:
           .

I took over 70 pictures, playing with a large range of exposures and futzing constantly with the focus. When the clouds rolled in, I had to stop.

This pic was taken with a Nikon D5100, a 55-300mm lens maxed out to 300mm at f/5.6, ISO at 1600, 1-second exposure.

Posted by Dave

2 comments:

  1. I was gonna ask you if that was Venus hanging out by the moon but you done read my mind. Scary... : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig,

      I was trying to take a photo of one of those Texas Fireballs, but couldn't find one. :-)

      Dave

      Delete

All comments are welcome.