Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spring Flowers

We've gotten just enough rain this winter to kick off the spring wildflowers.
        .

These are on the high side of my driveway retainer walls.
                     .

Pretty. So much beauty in the world. Shit, I'm wiping tears.
         .

I admire this explosion of yellow every morning.
                .

Macro shot. Here I'm as close as I can get with this lens.
                      .

OK, here's the deal on these last two shots. Above, I stopped down to f36, which means the smallest possible aperture (opening). Depth of field is greatly increased.
                 .

Above, at f5.6, the largest opening available to this lens under these light conditions. See how the background is blurry? A lot of photographers use this effect to accent their subject. With the larger opening, the shutter speed is a lot quicker. 1/200 second for this shot, and 1/8 second on the previous shot.

Posted by Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.