Monday, June 10, 2013

Old Airplanes!

I found these old family slides from the 1950's. Airplanes!
                      .

This is my Grandpa. He loved that yellow plane.
                          .

I have no idea where this photo was taken. Granddad did aerial mapping all over the world.
                            .

I'm pretty sure this is Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada. My Dad was there during the Korean War.
                       .

Yep, there's my Pops. He met my Mom while he was stationed there. Chemistry ensued, and that's how I came to be.
                      .

I have no clue what any of these planes are. Pops used to wrench on 'em.
                       .

This runway looks a bit primitive.
                       .

The landscape is much greener here, so I think this was taken in Ohio. I used a lens brush on all these slides, but it looks like this one could have used some more cleaning.
                      .

My Dad and his Mom. I need to ask my Dad about this picture. It doesn't look like an Air Force plane.
                             .

Boulder Dam, back when Lake Mead had water.
                           .

My Grandpa used to love to take pictures like this, but I more suspect that my Dad took this photo. Another one I gotta ask him about.

Posted by Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.