Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sunrise, and a Tree

This is how morning started a couple of weeks ago. I spend a lot of time looking at sunrises and sunsets. My furry son Charlie is usually with me, so I don't usually have my camera with me.
          .

The sun came up, the clouds cleared, and here is a shoestring acacia tree in full bloom. This particular tree, one of four in our yard, doesn't "droop" like a typical shoestring acacia, but it's the most prolific bloomer of the four.

A little closeup of the blossom.

Even closer.

Rain last night. A little water and the desert explodes with green, summer or winter. I'll keep my camera close by.


Posted by Dave

4 comments:

  1. Great pics, always good to have a camera on hand. Need to get me a new camera since my old one died. High qwarity make in China....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Craig. My pocket snappy died too. All I've got is my clunky DSLR which is totally inconvenient for spontaneous shots. Sunrises and sunsets move fast. There's hardly ever time to run into the house and grab a camera, especially when Charlie and I are out walking.

      Dave

      Delete
  2. Dave,the top one is just beautiful !! You must not be greedy. Cause I keep telling ya , you could sell prints. You have a lot of Really great pics,stars an space,sunrise an sets.Really dig seeing em!
    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, China. For love, I snap pictures. For money, I build things. Any day now, the vibrant green shoots of the Obama Miracle Economy will inspire someone to build. And I'll be there, Skilsaw in hand.

      Dave

      Delete

All comments are welcome.